Saturday, January 17, 2009

Just stumbled across a new little mexican food spot near downtown....

...so I thought I'd stop in. Located at the corner of Kaiwi and Kuikini, it's in the space where Orchid Thai was before it moved to larger digs. It's called "Almas Mexican Food" and shares a space with another business (might be the same owners, I didn't ask) and is the first Mexican restaurant - religious bookstore I've ever been in. So far it has a limited menu - burritos, tacos, enchiladas and tamales, with a choice of meats and such. They apparently also serve chili rellenos on Wednesdays and menudo on Sundays.

I had two pork/bean/rice burritos... 3 bucks a pop or 2 for 5 bucks, which were quite decent for the price. They're pictured here with some add on salsa they have on the side. Pretty tasty and a good amount of food for $5 for the Kona area, so I thought I'd mention them here.

later,

Steve

No comments: