Sunday, March 27, 2011

So I brought in some Intova digital camera product...

I want to carry some underwater cameras in the shop so I brought in some Intova digital cameras and assorted items (red filters, wide angle lens, strobes/trays/fiber optic connectors) to try, as well as the $20 reusable film cameras that are good to a hundred feet. The digital cameras I brought in are 12 megapixel cameras housed in a housing that's good to 180 feet. If they're any good, they're a heck of a deal for under $250.

Some time in the next week or so I'll try to get out diving with one to see what it can do. I'm looking at keeping at least one for rent on the boat. I figure $35 a charter is a decent rental price for a camera that you can take a lot of stills and video (it shoots 720P HD video too), and I'll apply the first day's rental towards purchase of the camera if anyone decides they want to pick one up within a week after trying it. I'm hoping they're relatively easy to work with, like with any camera there's always a learning curve. I'll report back after I give 'em a shot.

I do plan on carrying some other photographic equipment down the line. Gotta get a start somewhere...

Later,

Steve

3 comments:

canvas artwork said...

love this camera

pko said...

Hi Steve!
Now that you've got some experience with those Intovas, how are they? Any sample pictures?

Steve said...

I haven't actually used it yet. Tomorrow's Easter and I'm taking my 2nd day off of the month. If I wake up in a timely fashion (I have a night dive tonight after I leave the shop) I may head over to Two Steps to do a dive and play with the camera. It'll be interesting to see what I think of it... there always seems to be a bit of a learning curve with any new camera.