Monday, March 03, 2008

Surf, Sand and Stars Buffet at the Four Seasons in Kona Hawaii


Surf, Sand and Stars Buffet at Four Seasons Kona Hawaii from Steve on Vimeo.

We went out for our big meal of the year this weekend. We went to the Four Seasons for their Saturday night beach buffet. It's a spendy (75/78 bucks or so a head) and very delicious meal. I'm getting old, so I restrained myself and only had 10 lobster tail halves, a couple pieces of steak, a bunch of lillikoi pork ribs, a pile of steamer clams, a few salads (I didn't know fried chicken could be a salad, but they had fried chicken salad... and here I'd been overlooking salads all this time) and a few deserts (the chocolate souffle was delicious)... I skipped the sushi table altogether. It's a delicious dinner, and even the kids at the place had fun... they break out a fairly sizeable telescope after dark.

Sometimes the video on the Canon G9 surprises me. I decided to see if it could handle the relatively low light at the buffet and it did just fine.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for this video--I could almost feel the warm breezes. Makes me "homesick"--hope to get to Hawai'i again someday soon.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Steve said...

Spam deleted.