Thursday, July 12, 2007

Whaleshark sighted today in Kona Hawaii....

Today I put a couple of my passengers on my friend Ron's boat. They dove with me a few years back and came over to dive again. Today's experience was sort of one of those "once in a lifetime" experiences for them. These four shots were taken by Alan from Scotland on the charter.



The group was just finishing their first dive and Ron noticed a group of boats offshore, figured it had to be a whaleshark or something exciting. The group got about a half hour of snorkeling with it before it was all over. This last photo gives you an idea of the size of the shark compared to a person.

Aloha,

Steve

3 comments:

QueenieCarly said...

Those photos are amazing. The second one just blows me away. I love the sleek and supple look of that animal. I wish I could have seen it up close myself!

As for the fourth shot, you must (!) be kidding. That shark isn't that big. Is it??

Dave Licence said...

Excellent photos on your blog - and these are amazing. I have never dived but your photos make me want to :-)

Johnny Wadd said...

Very cool shots!