Monday, June 05, 2006

One of my best Fried Egg Nudibranch photos yet...


These are our most commonly found nudibranch in Kona. I've taken bunches of photos of them over the years, but I always have a tough time getting the true exposure and color on them.... too much flash, too little flash, etc. I shot this one using the supermacro feature and in RAW and it came out quite nicely. It's probably my best shot as far as showing the color and their patterns well.

Personal stuff....

I've got a day off today. I'm going to make good use of it and build some shelving for the cabin of my boat so I can keep things a litte more orderly and easily accessible in the cabin.

The vacation bloat is gone, I'm down 16 pounds since the 24th... mostly water I suspect. Pat's starting the low carb diet again so I guess I'll follow along. I lost 40 pounds a couple years back when we approached it seriously (gaind 12-15 of it back over time). People can knock the diet, but my bad cholesterol and triglycerides took a nose dive to excellent levels on that diet.... maybe that happens when you replace corn chips, french fries, potato chips, ice cream, burgers and pizza with fish, chicken, broccoli, green veggies and peppers. For me, avoiding carbs eliminates most of my bad eating habits. If I can lose 20-25 pounds this time I'll be down to where I haven't been since the 80's. We'll see how guacamole affects the equation... One of our avacado trees is loaded and dropping.

In a little Hawaii news... Go! airlines Http://www.iflygo.com is set to start flying on Friday. There are going to be inter-island fare wars for a while. They've got round trip fares down to $59!!! It was getting to where one way tickets were in the 80-100 dollar range. I'm sure rates will go up, but it'd be nice to keep the price in the 50-60 buck a flight range like it was 5 or 6 years ago.

Later,

Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I like the picture of the Nudi. I went scuba diving in the Red Sea for my first time. http://www.africandiversnuweiba.com
I liked it lots and lots, did not see a Nudi though. Like the blog, 10/10.

Steve said...

Thanks for the comment. The Red Sea is some fantastic diving from what I hear... must have been very fun.

Aloha,

Steve