Friday, April 20, 2007

Bird songs at dawn... What we wake up to here in the Kealakekua / Captain Cook area....

I don't have anything that records sound other than my cameras, so here's a "video" of the bird songs we get every morning. The video is dark because the camera picks up light rather poorly and youtube darkens it even more - if you look real hard you might see some sky against the trees, it's not really this dark in real life.

Pretty much anywhere you have trees/jungle in Hawaii you'll have birds. They are quite active in the morning as the sun comes up and in the evening nearing sundown. I generally sleep right through the real heavy activity unless I've been traveling and come back... our sounds aren't like typical morning sounds back on much of the mainland. This was taken this morning as the sun comes up, turn up your sound and pretend you are waking up in Hawaii.....


Good morning!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Not only was that a beautiful sound for ME to hear early in the morning but my watching my cats search frantically for the origin of the sounds was fun.

Saipan Writer said...

Love this "video" and your blog. Thanks for stopping by mine.

I encourage you to stop by The Saipan Blogger, as well (linked on my blog for starters). He's got some great environmental stuff from Saipan (and some horrors, too-like the youtube video catching an idiot dropping anchor on the reef).