Monday, August 20, 2007

Kona Shore Diving....

Pat and I both had days off yesterday, so we decided to go for a little shore dive and relax for the morning. I'm still seeing water temps of 79, I'm hoping for it to bump up a little more over then next few weeks, primarily so we're not freezing while diving in January and February after the winter cool down.

This is a Blackside Hawkfish (Paracirrhites forsteri). They're pretty good about posing and not running off on you when you want to get a shot off. Hawkfish, as I've undoubtedly mentioned before, basically perch around all day waiting for small prey to get close enough to swoop down on. I came oh so close to getting a shot of a hawkfish with a tail sticking out of it's mouth some time back, but it took off at the last moment.

Have a great day!

Steve

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The boat is looking good, excited to hear how she does in the big deep blue. Sorry to hear about your old pup. I'm hoping to see the boat in the water soon as I am sure you are....mahalo

Anonymous said...

I like enjoy mine

http://www.compressitall.blogspot.com